Charlotte High School
1250 Cooper Street
Punta Gorda, Florida 33950
941-575-5457 Attendance Line
Charlotte High School is known as Charlotte County's First and Finest High School. Having first opened its doors in 1926, CHS is rich in history, community support, and tradition. Go Tarpons!
Interim Principal: DeeLynn Bennett
School Hours: 7:25 am - 1:55 pm
School Mascot: Fighting Tarpons
School Colors: Royal Blue and Gold
VISION: Promote a culture where Tarpons do their best, do what is right and treat others the way they wish to be treated.
MISSION: Be a learner, be a leader, be a Tarpon!
News & Events
• TARPON ROBOTICS: Make a donation to our Tarpon Robotics team to help them compete at the World Championships in St. Louis, Missouri.
• TARDIES TO SCHOOL: Click here to view consequences for being tardy to school.
For more information or to report bullying, see the CCPS Anti-Bullying page.
• SCHOOL ADVISORY COUNCIL: The School Advisory Council is comprised of parents, students and CHS staff members who are dedicated to the continued development and maintenance of quality educational programs at Charlotte High School. Being involved with SAC provides the opportunity to be an integral part of the Tarpon Family. Please consider becoming part of our culture! Click here for 2013-2014 flyer.
• Charlotte Harbor Environmental Center is seeking Board of Director candidates with an interest in their mission: To raise public awareness of the value of our natural and cultural resources by providing environmental education, recreation, research, and management of conservation lands. They are looking for individuals with a passion for helping promote environmental educational and conservation of our natural resources. The Board holds bi-monthly meetings at the Alligator Creek Preserve, located off of Burnt Store Road in Punta Gorda. More information regarding CHEC can be found on their website: www.checflorida.org. If you are interested please contact Jim Thomson, CEO at (941) 575-5435.
- ACADEMICS & GUIDANCE
- PARENTS & STUDENTS
- ACTIVITIES & ATHLETICS
- MEDIA CENTER
- EDLINE TEACHER PAGES
- ADMINISTRATION & SUPPORT STAFF
- CHS WEBSTORE
- Charlotte County Public Schools
- School Calendar
- Activities Calendar
- Testing Calendar
- SCHOOL MAPS
- APPLY ONLINE FOR FREE/REDUCED MEALS
- Tarpon line (School Newsletter)
- School Advisory Council (SAC)
- POSTSECONDARY PLANNING
- YEARBOOK INFORMATION
- employee email login
- BULLYING INFORMATION
- Read to Lead
- CHS Alumni
- renaissance program
- Florida Department of education
- 2013-14 STUDENT SUCCESS PLAN
- SENIOR PARENTS: FAFSA INFOrMATION