Charlotte High School
1250 Cooper Street
Punta Gorda, Florida 33950
941-575-5457 Attendance Line
Charlotte High School is known as Charlotte County's First and Finest High School. Having first opened its doors in 1926, CHS is rich in history, community support, and tradition. Go Tarpons!
Interim Principal: DeeLynn Bennett
School Hours: 7:25 am - 1:55 pm
School Mascot: Fighting Tarpons
School Colors: Royal Blue and Gold
VISION: Promote a culture where Tarpons do their best, do what is right and treat others the way they wish to be treated.
MISSION: Be a learner, be a leader, be a Tarpon!
News & Events
• MIDTERM EXAMS: Please see the following information regarding semester exams. Exams will not be given early.
• TARDIES TO SCHOOL: Click here to view consequences for being tardy to school.
• ORDER YOUR YEARBOOK: Yearbooks are on sale for $75. Click the banner ad below on the left to order. See our Yearbook page for more information.
• STUDENT ID CARDS: View our Frequently Asked Questions page regarding Student IDs for answers.
• SCHOOL ADVISORY COUNCIL: The School Advisory Council is comprised of parents, students and CHS staff members who are dedicated to the continued development and maintenance of quality educational programs at Charlotte High School. Being involved with SAC provides the opportunity to be an integral part of the Tarpon Family. Please consider becoming part of our culture! Click here for 2013-2014 flyer.
For more information or to report bullying, see the CCPS Anti-Bullying page.
- ACADEMICS & GUIDANCE
- PARENTS & STUDENTS
- ACTIVITIES & ATHLETICS
- MEDIA CENTER
- EDLINE TEACHER PAGES
- ADMINISTRATION & SUPPORT STAFF
- CHS WEBSTORE
- Charlotte County Public Schools
- School Calendar
- Activities Calendar
- Testing Calendar
- APPLY ONLINE FOR FREE/REDUCED MEALS
- Tarpon line (School Newsletter)
- School Advisory Council (SAC)
- YEARBOOK INFORMATION
- employee email login
- BULLYING INFORMATION
- Read to Lead
- CHS Alumni
- renaissance program
- Florida Department of education
- 2013-14 STUDENT SUCCESS PLAN
Students who read 3 books will receive free admission to a Charlotte Stone Crabs game. Click on the image for a bookmark and additional information. Bookmarks will also available from the Media Center or your English/Reading teachers.
Be a learner, be a leader, be a Tarpon!
Success Measures is a new web page created by the Florida Department of Education to give parents, students, and teachers in-depth information about Florida's assessments in a timely and meaningful way.
The FCAT (Florida Comprehensive Assessment Test) is an exam designed to measure basic competency in the areas of reading, writing, mathematics, and science. Student performance on these exams will be used as the basis for academic placement within the high school curriculum. Demonstration of basic competencies is a requirement for graduation. Visit our FCAT page for more information.
What is Accreditation?
Charlotte High will be participating in the Southern Association Accreditation process this year. This process occurs every 5 years and is a voluntary method of quality assurance developed more than 100 years ago by American universities and secondary schools, and designed primarily to distinguish schools adhering to a set of educational standards. The accreditation process is also known in terms of its ability to effectively drive student performance and continuous improvement in education. Today accreditation examines the whole institution—the programs, the cultural context, the community of stakeholders—to determine how well the parts work together to meet the needs of students. Charlotte High sees the accreditation process as an opportunity to build true capacity to improve student learning and make continuous school improvement a distinctive reality.